Chapter 19 of the Mountain is coming....

It really is! Just like Winter, it's been a long time coming, but the Mountain Chapter 19 is finally finished. It should be posted before the weekend is out. Right now it just needs to be read by my beta reader and edited one last time. For some reason I had to write four completely different versions of this chapter before it felt right. I'd put it away in between and work on other things, before picking it up again. Up until this chapter, whenever I'd have the time to sit down and write, everything flowed really easily, so I'm hoping that chapter 20 will come much more quickly than this one did.

I think that part of the problem, is Nella. She and I don't see eye to eye, so getting into her head is a bit harder for me. While I'm nothing like Gregor, I've had life experiences that help me to feel more comfortable writing someone like him. Anyhow, whatever the trouble, I'm happy to move on to number 20! I never thought it would go this far and I'm so grateful for the support and encouragement I've gotten from our readers. Writing this fic started as a kind of therapy for me, and the fact that it's become popular is something I'd never considered when I began it a year ago. Even the haters help me, as they inspire me to keep on writing and show that I won't be deterred by internet bullies.

Thanks to you all!
m.j.s.


Comments

  1. At last) I almost cry with joy :-)
    Hope that the mountain will have as much updates as Bolton rising has ))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you're so nice! It's much easier to work on Bolton, as it's a role play fic, so it's two of us (myself and my love) working together. I write the Mountain and other things like that on my own and I've been so busy! I swear I'll work harder to keep it updated, and NO MORE WRITER'S BLOCK! :D Or whatever it was that made me feel the need to write this chapter four plus times! Thanks so much for hanging in there with me!
      mjs

      Delete
  2. Please update. I have been looking for a story like this forever. Thank you so much for writing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your wish is my command. It is updated ;) But your comment intrigues me... if you read this response, would you elaborate on your comment a little? What have you been looking for exactly? A Gregor story? A bad guys could possibly have a little humanity under their armour story? We wonder, as we get so much of the opposite - that we're delusional, that we like Gregor so we must need mental help, or that we're rape apologists, etc. It interests us, me in particular, to find out more about what the people who actually understand what we are doing here actually like about it and even what they don't. Thank you so much! -mjs (oh and feel free to email us at ladymclegane@gmail.com if you'd prefer)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Mountain Part 21 - Hurt

The Mountain Part 22 - Fury

Mountain - Part 12 - Preparations